Finding Time for Exercise – What most women struggle with
To all you stay at home moms as well as working moms, if you are struggling to slot in time for some workout, you have come to the right page. You may have seen those sleek bodied, perfectly-abed women in sexy work-out clothes, doing absolutely mind-bending exercises with ease. But with all the time you have booked with your kids and chores, you feel it intimidates you or feel you don’t have enough time on your plate for your won good health.
So how do you find time for yourself? Well, in a perfect world, we can all have at least one hour for our fitness; but in our real world, we can say with all confidence that 24 hours simply doesn’t feel sufficient to fit in all aspects of our lives including school, work and family. Now stressing about this only makes you gain more weight. Here are expert ideas and suggestions to sneaking in fitness during your regular schedule.
Tips To Slip in workouts during your busy schedule:
1) If you feel that your busy schedule refrains you from simple cardio exercise, forget the cab ride or your vehicle and take a walk or jog to your work. Not only does it promote a healthy and clean start to your busy day, but also helps prevent pollution and makes you feel good about yourself. If you don’t prefer to walk, cycle your way to walk or simply park your vehicle a little further away from your destination and leg it.
2) To get you started into exercising early, wear your workout clothes to bed and as soon as you wake up, start your day with some warm ups and plank your way to your busy day. 5 minutes of planks early morning can change the way you feel within a week.
3) Take a break from your lunch break and do a could of sit ups, lunges, squats and a couple of burpees before you have your light and healthy lunch. That way you will not only stay fit but also feel fresher at work. You could even do the same while you cook lunch at home while you wait for that meat to cook.
4) Sit on a stability ball while at work to strengthen your core. This helps your posture and makes work more fun too. You could even bring in a kettle bell or dumbbells to work and work out mildly to take a break from work. Hey, this could become a trend at work and you may start up a group to work out with you too.
5) Want to make things fun and short? Take a quick trip to the gym and do a 10minutes cardio workout. Hop onto your treadmill while holding a 1.5 to 3kg dumbbell in each hand. Set the treadmill to a brisk walk. Now do a set of shoulder presses, biceps curls, tricep extensions, side laterals, front laterals and standup tricep kickbacks one after the other for a minute each as you walk. Repeat this thrice a week and jazz it up to a 4-minute routine.
6) While you wait at the counter of the shopping mall or are standing in queues sneak in a simple workout like lunges or squats or even toe raises. Makes it fun and relaxes your muscles while you squeeze your wallet.
7) Relaxing at home and catching up with your daily TV series? Don’t get comfortable on the couch. Instead, make some space and do some push-ups, squats, jumping jacks, crunches and to make things crazier add in some dumbbells, jump ropes, a hoola- hoop or any other tool you need to start sweating.
8) Here’s a tip to all those who don’t have any time at all. Take the steps instead of the lift. And make it a quick climb instead of a leisurely climb too. The quicker your pace, the easier to target your glutes.
Now once you have gotten into the loop of exercising during your busy schedule, you will find that there is indeed time for an actual fitness routine, devoted to yourself.